The International Bionic Engineering Award is presented by the International Society of Bionic Engineering (ISBE) at its triennial Conference to honour members of the society who have made an outstanding contribution to bionic engineering. Members of the Executive Board of ISBE are not eligible.
The Award is made in three categories:
1) Outstanding Contribution Award: Two winners, each one will be awarded 20,000 -30,000 RMB and a Certificate;
2) Outstanding Youth Award: Two winners under 40 years old, and each one will be awarded 10,000-20,000 RMB and a Certificate.
3) Outstanding Student Award: Two winners, and each one will be awarded 5,000-10,000 RMB and a Certificate.
1) Outstanding Contribution Award and Outstanding Youth Award:
a. The winners shall have contributed remarkable research achievements in bionic engineering;
b. The winners shall have made great progress in scientific research, community service, technology transfer, etc in bionic engineering;
c. The winners shall have made a prominent contribution to the promotion of science and technology, international communication and collaboration, etc in bionic engineering.
2) Outstanding Student Award:
a. The winners shall be the students majored in a bionic academic discipline;
b. The winners shall show outstanding scientific and research qualities;
c. The winners shall have made remarkable research achievements in bionic engineering.
There are three methods of nominating candidates:
1) Nomination by the Candidate;
2) Nomination by another member;
3) Nomination by a group of colleagues.
All nominations must be accompanied by the Application Form. Nominations from another member or group of members must also include a statement of recommendation. Application for an Outstanding Student Award should also provide a scanned copy of student ID card. A Nominee must be a member of the ISBE at the time of nomination.
Nominations can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 1202 Administrative Building, Jilin University, 2699 Qianjin Street, Changchun 130012, P. R. China. The deadline for submission of nominations is September 30, 2015, unless otherwise indicated.
The Award Committee will be established following the guidelines of Award Measures. Nominations will be assessed on the nominee’s merits and eligibility. The results will be announced at the 5th International Conference of Bionic Engineering (ICBE2016, June 21-24, 2016, Ningbo, P. R. China) when the winners will be presented with their award.