At the last Board Meeting of the ISBE in Ningbo, it has been decided to establish the Youth Commission to unite young members of the Society, and promote academic communication, scientific research as well as talents and training in Bionic Engineering.
According to the Measures for the Youth Commission just approved by the Executive Board of Directors, the Youth Commission shall consist of seven members; it nominates the Chairman (one), Vice-Chairmen (two), General Secretary (one), and Commission Members (three) thereof.
Qualifications required for membership of the Youth Commission are as follows:
1) Members shall be individual members of the ISBE.
2) Members shall be under 40 years old and no more than 45 years old in specific condition.
3) Members shall be interested in, or dedicated to, bionic research.
4) Members shall be supportive of the work of the Commission.
5) The General Secretary shall come from the institution where the ISBE Secretariat is located.
There are two methods of nominating candidates:
2) Nomination by another member.
All nominations should be accompanied by the Nomination Form, and the fulfilled form is welcomed to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2016. ISBE secretariat is responsible for reviewing the nomination materials, and the nominees will be finally elected by a majority vote of our Executive Board of Directors.